The Pickin’ in the Pines Band Contest will be held Saturday and Sunday Sept. 17-18, 2016 at the Coconino County Fairgrounds Commercial Building. Visit pickininthepines.org/band-contest for more details.
In keeping with the diversity of the various styles of bluegrass and traditional acoustic music that Flagstaff Friends of Traditional Music represents, this band contest is not confined to a specific genre of acoustic music. Rather, it is an opportunity for a broad variety of acoustic bands to display their talents, musicianship and entertainment abilities to a wide audience. Judges will be selected from Pickin’ in the Pines main stage performers.
- Band contest preliminaries will be on Saturday morning from 9:00 am to 11:00 am in the commercial building
- All band members must purchase either a 3-day festival pass or any one-day festival pass to enter the band contest
- Finals will be held Sunday morning on the main stage at 10:00 am to 10:30 am
- If not already purchased, all finalists will be given a Sunday festival pass to compete in the finals on the main stage
- Participants under the age of 18 need to have an adult present